APR6, 13, 20, 27
with Gen Kelsang Sanden
Location: Commercial Drive · Kadampa Meditation Centre - Vancouver 1833 Victoria DiversionCost: $15 per class or $60 for FIVE classes. Pay at the door. Cash or card. Free for members
THE WISDOM OF KARMA AND EMPTINESS
“There is no greater method for experiencing peace of mind and happiness than to understand and meditate on emptiness.”
– Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche
Buddha taught that “with our thoughts we make the world.” Take a peek behind the curtain and see how our own mind with its individual feelings, thoughts and perceptions actually creates the world that we live in each day. During this series, we will look at the wisdom of karma and emptiness as a source of freedom. Our mistaken view of reality – that it is fixed, unchangeable and exists separately from our mind – is the underlying cause of our suffering and problems. By understanding Buddha’s teachings on emptiness or Ultimate Truth, we can cut to the root of this misunderstanding, eliminating the deepest source of our pain and suffering.
No previous experience of meditation or Buddhism is necessary. Open to everyone and everyone is welcome!
- Understand karma to understand how to change.
- The ultimate “limiting belief”. Understand how we are being fooled by appearances.
- The cycle of suffering ends with this. Understand how we are being fooled by our mind.
- Who are you and who do you want to be?
- How to accomplish your potential.
COST & REGISTRATION FOR MARCH SERIES
$15 per class or $60 for FIVE classes. Pay at the door. Cash or card.
Join us for a drop-in meditation class! Everyone, regardless of experience, is welcome!
Practising meditation can help you:
- lower stress and anxiety and become a truly happy person.
- develop the power to keep calm in difficult situations.
- increase patience, concentration and loving kindness.
Through meditation, you can understand and control your mind so you can actually transform your life.
Gen Kelsang Sanden is a Canadian Buddhist monk, and the Resident Teacher of Kadampa Meditation Centre Vancouver. He has been a long time student of Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, the founder of the New Kadampa Tradition. He is well loved for his compassion, sense of humour and the clarity of his teachings.
If you have any inquiries please email: email@example.com